Admission Procedure in 3 years LL.B. Course
The Bar Council of India Legal Education Rules 2011 No. 5: (a) Three Year Law Degree Course: An applicant who has graduated in any discipline of knowledge from a University established by an Act of Parliament or by a State legislature or an equivalent national institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an authority competent to declare equivalence, may apply for a three years’ degree program in law leading to conferment of LL.B. degree on successful completion of the regular program conducted by a University whose degree in law is recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of enrollment.
An application for admission for the LL.B. course is dealt with by the office of the Principal, Kokrajhar Law College as per the public notification. The applications for the admission is processed through the Admission Committee as per the relevant rules by the Bar Council through notifications, circulars etc. and with provisions of the Gauhati University guidelines for admission. The selected list for the admission at Kokrajhar Law College will be hanged at the Notice Board and website www.klc.ac.in.
The Gauhati University Regulation and Syllabus Clause No. 5. Eligibility for Admission: 3yr. Law Degree Course: An applicant who has graduated in any discipline of Knowledge from a university established by an Act of Parliament or by a state legislature or from an equivalent national institution recognized as a deemed to be University or from a foreign university recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an authority competent to declare equivalence, may apply for a three year law degree course leading to conferment of LL.B. / LL.B (Hons.) degree on successful completion of the regular course.
Provided that applicants who have obtained First Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered eligible for admission in the 3yrs. law degree course.
The applicant must be Graduate in Three years Degree Course from any discipline e.g; BA, B.SC, B.COM, B.TECH, etc. securing a minimum pass percentage of 45% marks for General candidates and 42% marks for OBC and 40% marks for S.C./ S.T. to be able to pursue professional degree in law (LL.B) at Kokrajhar Law College under Gauhati University.
Age on Admission
The age factor for the admission to the LL.B. 3 Years degree course will be as per the guidelines of the Bar Council of India regarding the Maximum age eligibility. At present those seeking admission should not attain the maximum age of 30 years for the General as on 1st June of admission year. The Maximum of 35 years for S.C./S.T. or any other backward community/category with the relaxation as fixed by the Bar Council of India, UGC and Gauhati University Regulations.
The applicants will be admitted on the basis of the merit accordingly the selection list will be notified; however, taking into account the number of applicants the Admission Test or Interview may be conducted. The date for such Admission test or Interview, if conducted will be notified in the Notice Board of the College and website www.klc.ac.in from time to time.
- No student is allowed to pursue any other full time course of the study during his or her tenure of being student of LL.B. course.
- In case a student fails to attend classes for one month at a stretch from the date of Admission his/her name shall be struck off from the rolls of register.
- The intake capacity in a class is 120 (1st Semester), with 60 students in each section. The medium of instruction and examination is English.
- A candidate who fails to appear in the first due examination shall have to pass in that examination within the period of holding the next two consecutive examinations.
- A candidate shall be required to clear his/her LL.B. degree within five years from the date of his/her first semester examination. Provided that each student will not be allowed more than three times chances in each of the semester examination.
- The every paper as detailed in the syllabus of LL.B. course study shall be of 100 marks with theory 80 marks and internal assessment of 20 marks.
- The students have to score 9/20 in each subject in the internal assessment conducted by the college time to time and 36/80 in the end semester theory examination conducted by the Gauhati University to be able to pass that particular semester.
- The duration of end semester examination for every paper will be of three hours.